This is a guide on farming Collectables to exchange for White / Purple Gatherers’ Scrips in Final Fantasy XIV, and how to unlock the Regional Folklore Gathering Locations.
Table of Contents
Level 90 Gatherer Classes
- It is expected that you will have both MIN and BTN Classes at Level 90
- It is advised to only gather Collectables within your level tier (i.e. 71-79) if you are still leveling
HQ & Melded Gatherer Gear
- Collectables Gathering is heavily stat dependent, it is strongly advised to be equipped with gear that is appropriate for your level
- Only minimal Gathering stat melds are required but it is not recommended to venture out there with no melds at all, unless you intend on upgrading your armour every 3 levels
- Check the BiS Gatherer Gearset Guide for recommendations
The Collectable system for Gatherers requires you to gather items from the Collectables tab in the Gathering Log and give them to the Collectables Appraiser in exchange for White or Purple Gatherers’ Scrips.
This is repeatable without limit and these Gatherers’ Scrips can be used to buy Gear, Materials, Materia, Regional Folklore Trader’s Tokens and more from the Scrip Exchange.
To unlock the Scrip Exchange NPCs, you simply need to:
- Complete the quest Inscrutable Tastes (Morgayne in Foundation X: 10.2 Y: 10.5)
- Complete the quest Go West, Craftsman (Lydirlona in Mor Dhona X: 22.4 Y: 6.8)
- Speak to Galiena in Rhalgr’s Reach (X: 9.8 Y: 12.5)
- Speak to Mowen in Eulmore (X: 11.4 Y: 10.7)
- Speak to Ofpilona in Radz-at-Han (X: 11.7 Y: 9.6)
You’ll then be able to craft Collectables and hand them in to the Collectables Appraiser for Yellow or White Crafters’ Scrips so you can purchase items from the Scrip Exchange.
Farming Gatherers' Scrips
Gathering Collectables is not as complicated as it seems, and far easier at Level 90 compared to doing while Leveling. Follow these simple guidelines:
- Have 500 GP before interacting with the node (600 GP if below level 85)
- Use HQ Gear that is appropriate for your Level
Your aim while gathering Collectables is as follows:
- Increase Collectability to 1000, consider anything below 1000 as failed
- Preserve as much Integrity as possible; remaining Integrity is the biggest determinant of the number of Gatherers’ Scrips (and EXP) that you will yield
Gathering Rotation (Level 85+ / 500 GP)
Gathering Rotation (Level 53+ / 600 GP)
Use to buff the first two , any Trait or Buff activations will decrease the number of Actions required to reach 1000 Collectability. Sometimes you will be exhausted of GP and 1x will reach 1000 Collectability instead of 2x so it is not advised to overly rely on Macros for gathering Collectables.
For farming White Gatherers’ Scrips, it is better to gather from lower level locations, as they will grant a higher yield due to your level advantage.
The following table will show you the best route for farming White Gatherers’ Scrips. The Table can be sorted by Class, Level or Eorzean Time. This Table will also includes nearby Gathering nodes for those who want to gather and restore GP while waiting for the Unspoiled Node to appear.
White Scrips Collectables Gathering Locations
|2||51||MIN||12:00||Rarefied Pyrite||The Dravanian Forelands||Dravanian Spring Water|
|3||51||BTN||10:00||Rarefied Dark Chestnut Sap||The Dravanian Forelands||Dark Chestnut Log|
|4||57||MIN||02:00||Rarefied Abalathian Spring Water||The Sea of Clouds||Abalathian Spring Water|
|5||57||BTN||12:00||Rarefied Dark Chestnut||The Dravanian Forelands||Coneflower|
|6||61||MIN||08:00||Rarefied Raw Triphane||The Fringes||Gyr Abanian Alumen|
|7||61||BTN||02:00||Rarefied Larch Log||The Ruby Sea||Soybeans|
|8||63||MIN||10:00||Rarefied Raw Star Spinel||The Ruby Sea||Koppranickel Ore|
|9||63||BTN||04:00||Rarefied Shiitake Mushroom||The Ruby Sea||Larch Log|
|10||67||MIN||06:00||Rarefied Raw Azurite||The Azim Steppe||Doman Iron Sand|
|11||67||BTN||12:00||Rarefied Pine Resin||Yanxia||Daikon Radish|
Priority of Gatherer Scrip Exchange
- Regional Folklore Trader’s Tokens
- Level 90 Fishing Bait
- Purple Scrip Gathering Armour
- Revised EXP Manuals
How to Unlock Regional Folklore
Regional Folklore refers to Unspoiled Nodes that require a book to unlock. Tomes of Regional Folklore for Gathering are analogous to Master Books for Crafting, in that they are required to access to new Gathering Locations that are released in major updates for Final Fantasy XIV. Once unlocked, these locations will become visible in your Gathering Log and will now appear during their corresponding time windows.
Tomes of Regional Folklore can be purchased using Trader’s Tokens, which themselves are purchased using White Gatherers’ Scrips. The various Tomes of Regional Folklore are purchased from the Splendors Vendor (Fieldcraft Items) in:
- Idyllshire (Level 60) – Blue Gatherers’ Scrip Token (45)
- Rhalgr’s Reach (Level 70) – Trader’s Token A (300)
- Eulmore (Level 80) – Trader’s Token B (120)
- Radz-at-Han (Level 90) – Trader’s Token C (144)
It is highly recommended to obtain the Level 90 Tomes of Regional Folklore first, as the lower level materials can be considered obsolete in comparison.