Table of Contents
This is a guide on farming White / Purple Scrips in FFXIV and how to unlock Master Recipe Books. The crafting system in Final Fantasy XIV receives new items in the form of Master Recipes, which are added in major patch updates. Master Recipes can be unlocked primarily by obtaining usable Master Recipe books that are bought with White Crafters’ Scrips earned through the Collectable system.
Level 90 Crafter Classes
- You will need your Crafting Classes maxed out at Level 90 to use all Master Recipe Books
- Crafters’ Scrips are much easier to farm at Level 90
- Collectables are still one of the best ways to gain EXP, and Master Recipe Books can be bought at any level after 50
Crafter Class Quests Complete
- Crafter Class quests must be completed to unlock the Crafting action [Manipulation]
- Manipulation is not explicitly required to craft Collectables, but it is heavily relied upon for the Recipes unlocked by Master Books
- Follow this guide on Class Quest Items to unlock Manipulation for each of your classes
HQ & Melded Crafter Gear
- It is advised to wear Armour that is appropriate for your level
- Only minimal CP stat melds are required
- Check the BiS Crafter Gearset Guide for recommendations
The Collectable system for crafters requires you to craft any item from the Collectables tab in the Crafting Log and give them to the Collectables Appraiser in exchange for White or Purple Crafters’ Scrips.
This is repeatable without limit and these Crafters’ Scrips can be used to buy Gear, Materials, Materia, Master Recipe books and more from the Scrip Exchange.
To unlock the Scrip Exchange NPCs, you simply need to:
- Complete the quest Inscrutable Tastes (Morgayne in Foundation X: 10.2 Y: 10.5)
- Complete the quest Go West, Craftsman (Lydirlona in Mor Dhona X: 22.4 Y: 6.8)
- Speak to Galiena in Rhalgr’s Reach (X: 9.8 Y: 12.5)
- Speak to Mowen in Eulmore (X: 11.4 Y: 10.7)
- Speak to Ofpilona in Radz-at-Han (X: 11.7 Y: 9.6)
You’ll then be able to craft Collectables and hand them in to the Collectables Appraiser for White or Purple Crafters’ Scrips so you can purchase items from the Scrip Exchange.
Farming Crafters' Scrips
The fastest way to farm White Crafters’ Scrips is by repeatedly crafting the Rarefied Giant Popoto Pancakes Culinarian Level 89 Recipe. The materials for this item are easily obtained and it can be crafted fairly quickly with a simple macro.
Use Crafting as a Service to create a Crafting List for Rarefied Giant Popoto Pancakes materials. Select [Craft These Items] to see a full list of the ingredients required. It will take approximately 50 crafts to farm enough White Crafters’ Scrips to buy all 8 Master IX Recipe Books.
The following macro will craft any Crafting Recipe between 81-90 including all Collectables for the maximum Crafters’ Scrips reward, provided you meet the minimum stat requirements:
Example Recipe: Red Ribbon
Craftsmanship: 3051, Control: 2890, CP: 528
Food (HQ): None
FFXIV Teamcraft Simulation
Notes: Remove Line 1 for compatibility with various Recipe Levels
/ac "Muscle Memory" <wait.3> /ac Manipulation <wait.2> /ac "Waste Not II" <wait.2> /ac Groundwork <wait.3> /ac "Preparatory Touch" <wait.3> /ac "Preparatory Touch" <wait.3> /ac "Preparatory Touch" <wait.3> /ac Innovation <wait.2> /ac "Preparatory Touch" <wait.3> /ac "Preparatory Touch" <wait.3> /ac "Great Strides" <wait.2> /ac "Byregot's Blessing" <wait.3> /ac Groundwork <wait.3> /ac Groundwork <wait.3> /echo Craft finished <se.1>
How to Unlock Master Recipes
To unlock Master Recipe Books, you will need to complete the short quest [Just Tooling Around] in Mor Dhona. Speak to Guiding Star in Mor Dhona (X: 21.9 Y: 6.9) while wearing a Level 50 or higher Crafter Main Hand Tool to show that you are worthy.
Once completed, you will now be able to obtain Master Books I, II and Demimateria by handing in specific items to Talan (standing next to Guiding Star). The remaining Master Books must be obtained via the Collectable system.